Saturday, November 3, 2012

248.6 - The empowerment of awesome.


I am very awesome. It's inspirational actually. I feel like giving myself a high five right now, hang on a moment ... there, it looks like clapping above your head to people who are less in tune but that was a well deserved high five and I'm gonna go ahead and pat myself on the back.

I'm at 248.6lbs or 20lbs down from my latest peak, which isn't a couple pounds lost, no my friend, those are pounds targeted and destroyed with the rage and fury befitting the legions of enemies who drape at my frame and crowd about my heart. I'm coming for you, I might take a couple of you out next week, just for looking funny in that new shirt I bought, because I am an awesome destroyer of weight and fat is powerless against my full focus to defeat it.

Food avoidance? Ha, no. I don't play that silly keep away game anymore, I'm just done entertaining crap foods. I don't eat that. Chocolate bars? Oh delicious, but I'm far too awesome to let silly taste bud appeasement get in the way of my purpose. I am too awesome to pollute myself. So I don't. It's not worth it.

Oh, let me talk to you about my workouts! I am killing it in the gym now!! I'm so much better than I was before in every dimension! I can run faster for longer, I can lift heavier and my form is much better, to be honest, I've gained a decent amount of muscle in place of the recently deceased fat and it shows in my improved movement, energy, and flexibility. It's brilliant! I can't wait to see the next level of improvement. I can even work out solo, I don't know that I remember what it is to wait on someone else now. I'm completely self motivated. Sure, my trainer is there a few times a month (quick shout out, follow @TJFitness on Instagram for photos of training and prepping for his bodybuilding competition this month) but he's in awe of my achievements as well and I don't depend on his presence to have a good session.

Props to those who helped me unlock awesomeness. Every like, every comment, every private message or smile, to everyone who ever let me rant about my progress, I thank you for giving my ego the boost it needed to hit this level and really appreciate it. I want the thank the dude at the gym who dances when he runs on the treadmill, who showed me enjoying a workout isn't about effort or accomplishment, it's about attitude and commitment. I want to thank the guy who comes in on his wheelchair to work out his upper body and who works out on the bike to do cardio. Yeah, he does cardio with his arms on the floor in the middle of the gym and no-one cares. Well I care, because it showed me that obstacles are meant to be overcome, not leant on. I gotta thank my trainer too, he's entirely into the philosophy of awesomeness and it's helped him overcome serious injuries in preparation for his first event.

I am awesome, and I believe you are awesome too. I really truly believe you can find that seed within you and foster it and care for it and grow it with solid achievements and measured progress that you can look at your achievements with pride and take that impulse forward. Phat Guy, awesomely signing off this awesome post. How awesome was that?! Very :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure this is the most awesome fitness blog ever existed!!

    Mo Daddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's quite awesome of you to say!!

      How empowering, I think I'll start making notes for my next post!

      Delete
  2. Keeping going with your awesomeness!

    I particularly like : 'obstacles are meant to be overcome, not leant on'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall! My habitual writer's block will be vaulted with much thrust and enthusiasm.

      Delete
  3. Showing your awesomeness , so proud of you! Its time to party and get a girlfriend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I'll take what comes along, but it's awesome not needing anything else to make me happy right now.

      Delete